Sunday, October 12, 2008

Festival Weekend

It's a festival weekend. Or something. It's the KIT Festival, though we didn't go because we were tired from yesterday's trip (more on that later). It's also a national holiday (or something) and I get Monday off of work. I have to work next Saturday and both days the weekend after due to an Open House and the KTC Festival, but I get the Monday after the Festival off too. They have strange schedules here.

Anyway, back to the point of the post. This morning, we're hanging out and not really doing much of anything, when we hear a commotion outside. We look out the window, and lo and behold, there is a parade. Why there would be a parade today, down our street, we have no idea. However, there was a parade with people in costumes and a dragon. Also a little dude with a big stick and crazy hair. He was fighting the dragon (I think). I got a picture of the procession from our bay window, but didn't go down to see it as I was still in my robe. I tried to get a video, but my memory card was full from yesterday's trip to Natadera. Anyway, the dragon:


I still have no idea why this happened, or if it will happen again, but there you are.

No comments: