Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Bikes!

We can now get ourselves around town without walking forever! Ooooh, shiny!


These are pretty good mountain bikes, not top of the line but not Huffys either. We've taken them out a couple of times to go to places we've only been driven to so far. It's good to be more mobile. Now the debate is whether or not to add a basket to the front for easy grocery carrying!

Both bikes are Specialized, Lee's is a Hardrock Sport in Gloss White (the one in the back) and Ana's is a Myka in Cream and Orange, I think (the one in the front). Apparently Japan no longer sells that bike, I could only find it on the US version of the site, which doesn't show the colors I have. I guess I got one of the last in Japan, since it was still on the website as of two weeks ago. I wanted it in the Satin Black/Lavendar you can see on the site, but they didn't have any in the warehouse here in Japan, so I got the cream/orange version you see in the picture. I think I like it better than I would have liked the black one. It's nice.

Here's another picture. When we got back from furniture shopping (we still needed a coffee table, a nice bookshelf for yarn and wine, and kitchen storage stuff) Lee wanted to take a happy picture of me on my bike:


Ten points to anyone who can figure out what happened after this picture was taken!

5 comments:

BZ said...

stacy wiped out

BZ said...

Paul says . you wipe out.Then get pulled over by the fashion police.

Katya said...

haha you got caught in the gaijin trap!

Katya said...

Nice blog by the way

Diane L. Parker said...

Stacey, I think you wiped out & had to go to the hospital! Am I right?