Sunday, November 16, 2008

Misty, Dreary Day

Today was a day for cleaning. My ankle needs a rest from walking everywhere, and it's raining, so we're staying in. While cleaning (and knitting, and playing video games...), we noticed some pretty cool mists in the hills behind our apartment, and took some pictures to show off.


They don't really get much in the way of Fall color here. There are trees that change color, but not like back home. Much nicer there. The hills are mostly bamboo, so only that small stripe of colored trees change; all the rest stay green, or so I've been told. There's a couple other shots in Flickr (in the Apartment set), though I wish I had thought to do a panoramic of just the hills - that's exactly what I wanted, I just didn't think of it until tonight when the opportunity is no longer there. Oh well, nice pictures anyway. Here's another one of the fields behind our house:


The Japanese even have a word for Fall foliage, though I forget what it is. The red maples and Ginko trees are nice, but they don't stay pretty for very long. They tend to change and fall immediately, instead of hanging around for a bit and allowing me to enjoy the color. Oh well, Spring is supposed to be much nicer here than at home, so I have that to look forward to!

No comments: