Saturday, July 25, 2009

Some Flowers!

Since I took so long finishing the Disney posts, here's a few Ikebana arrangements for your viewing pleasure:


Lovely lilies and Birds of Paradise...Bird of Paradises...nice flowers.


Closeup on the pretties.


I loved the flowers and the leaf, but not so much the big pointy things.


See? Awesome flowers.


This is another really cool one. The pink edging on the leaves with the pink carnations and the white flowers for the main branches to set it all of...awesome.


See the pink on the leaves? Tres cool!


Sunflowers that refused to cooperate.


Most recent one. I like this one, with the Bird of Paradise and the ferns, the lily and the red fuzzy flowers.


Close-up of the center of the piece. I really should figure out what the flowers I use are called!

There were actually two other arrangements in between, but I managed to lose a piece of one of them on the way home and was so upset that I never photographed it. It looked awesome at school, and just wasn't the same after. The other one never cooperated. The flowers wilted right away and there were branches with spiny spheres on top that liked to attack. I'm really enjoying learning how to arrange the flowers!

No comments: