Thursday, October 8, 2009

Typhoon Day! (not tsunami as originally posted)

Most of the schools in the area have closed today due to high winds and rain from a  typhoon (it hit the other side of the country but it is wet here too).  It's really not that bad, and they probably could have held classes today, but as a precaution, everything is closed.  Well, not everything, Lee still had classes today.  Last night it was very windy and rainy, but today it's fine:



I have now had snow days, too cold to go in days, ice days, oh-my-gosh-we-think-it's-going-to-ice-but-actually-it's-beautiful-out precautionary closings, and now a typhoon day.  Luckily, no swine flu week or other sickness closings.  I'm wondering how many weather related closings I'll be able to rack up by the time I'm no longer in academia!

To round out this post, here's an Ikebana arrangement:

Ikebana XX       Ikebana XX Closeup

Apparently I never photographed the one seen in the sushi post:

No comments: