Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stalling...

We're back from Disney, but still going through the pictures. Many posts with lots of pictures to come shortly. While you're waiting, here's another Ikebana post!


After having no fresh flowers for two weeks due to vacations (I'm not complaining!) there is a new arrangement livening up the room. It goes amazingly well with its bowl. I'm much happier with it now that it's here than I was when I made it at school. I've gotten roses from Ikebana a heck of a lot more than I've gotten roses from Lee. It doesn't bother him one bit. This arrangement has purple flowers, more Calla Lilies, and pretty pink roses. It also has a leaf. It is in the same style as the first few. We don't branch out into more interesting things for a bit, until we get the whole shin (tallest one, nearly straight up), soet (3/4 height of shin, off at a 45 degree angle), hikae (3/4 height of soet, the leaf, about 75 degrees from shin) formula down. Pretty flowers though!


This weekend I will deal with all of the pictures and post all about Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. At least six full posts. With lots of pictures each. I promise!

No comments: